Water-based and environmentally friendly, our Distemper is strengthened to be wipeable.
A high opacity, low odour, chalky matt finish, Distemper is suitable for walls, ceilings and fine plasterwork. It provides a soft, deep matt finish ideally suited to bedrooms, living rooms, dining areas and other low traffic areas.
- Breathable interior paint
- Gloss level: less than 5% (very matt)
- Coverage: approx 15 square metres per litre (one coat)
- Available in a wide choice of colours
- Available in 5L tins
- Distemper is made to order, please allow 4-5 days for delivery.
- Distemper is not recommended for areas of high traffic, condensation or water vapour.
- Please note, Distemper should be used within 14 days of delivery.
Benefits of Distemper
Distemper is vapour permeable and allows the surface to breathe. As a result, it offers excellent coverage on porous surfaces.
Historical Matt Finish
Distemper combines a softness of texture and purity of colour perfectly suited to sensitive restorations of older buildings.
A high opacity, low odour, water-based chalky matt finish, hard distemper is suitable for walls, ceilings and fine plasterwork. The resultant soft, matt finish is ideally suited to bedrooms, living rooms, dining areas and other low traffic areas. We do not recommend using Distemper for contact areas or where condensation may occur.
Apply two coats to achieve the full depth of your chosen colour, but leave 4 hours drying time between applications.
20% thinning with clean water is recommended for most porous surfaces. Very porous surfaces, e.g. new plaster, may require up to 50% thinning for the first coat application.
Owing to its powdery finish, Distemper is best used in pastel shades from the Little Greene palette.